We are leading the cloud-based supply chain planning category, and we’re currently seeking a Data Scientist to join the data analytics team to support the research through science and statistical modeling to elevate our Supply Chain Planning (SCP) offerings.
• Conceptualize and develop machine learning (ML), data mining, and statistical techniques and algorithms
to create new scalable SCP solutions for business problems by analysis of large amounts of data
• Research, develop, test, and recommend mathematical models and algorithms for inclusion into SCP products
• Create detailed documentation outlining design and technical specifications of solutions
• Collaborate with product management to understand customer/market needs and devise appropriate solutions
• Work with the engineering team to ensure the successful implementation of product enhancements that involve science
• Provide all necessary support to the engineering and QA teams during the product release cycle
• Participate in consulting and education engagements as identified by Blue Ridge’s Product management/services team
• Minimum of a master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as data science, Industrial Engineering, operations research, statistics, mathematics, or related qualitative field.
• 2-4 years of experience in applying quantitative techniques, such as machine learning, predictive analytics, customer analytics, to solving business problems
• Good understanding of supply chain concepts especially forecasting, inventory management, and distribution logistics
• Experience in Analyzing Complex Problems and translate it into data science algorithms.
• Experience in machine/statistical learning: Time series Forecasting, Clustering, text mining, Neural Networks, Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics, Web Analytics
• Deep experience with Python or R
• 2+ years’ experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
• Superior verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present complex ideas to a non-technical audience
• Personable attributes: Engaging personality, self-starter, collaborative, smart, focused, positive, curious, entrepreneurial, attentive
• Occasional travel will be required (less than 10%)
• Retail exposure a plus